GCD projects strive to …
- Advance space technologies that may lead to entirely new approaches for the Agency’s future space missions and provide solutions to significant national needs.
- Focus efforts in the mid technology readiness level* (TRL) range of (3-5/6) generally taking technologies from proof of concept through component or breadboard testing in a relevant environment.
- Employ a balanced approach of guided technology development efforts and competitively selected efforts from across academia, industry, NASA, and other government agencies.
- Develop the best ideas and capabilities irrespective of their sources.
* How are technology readiness levels defined? See the graphic on the NASA Space Communications and Navigation page.
GCD Interactive Map: Projects by State