The PI establishes the technical direction for a portfolio of projects that span all TRLs across the Space Technology Mission Directorate’s nine programs. The PI is responsible for defining their respective portfolio investment strategy. The PI position is typically limited to a two-to-four year period. In addition to their roles in GCD, the PIs also support all other STMD programs as needed.
PI Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop GCD solicitations, evaluation plans, and technical performance parameters.
- Participate and lead technical panels.
- Provide periodic technical evaluation of technology domain projects.
- Assure compliance with Program requirements.
- Participate in program reviews and office meetings as required.
- Serve as primary interface for GCD new content generation.
- Ensure alignment with STMD strategy and GCD Objectives.
- Align GCD projects with technology strategy across STMD.
- Track status and progress of projects within portfolio.